Saturday, June 20, 2009

Another way to find out how a client is doing

I found out through an unlikely method where one of my clients is now. I had not heard from her in over a year. Initially she had heard about us from her landlord and came to my agency for a referral for dental services. She and I had only met a couple of times and she didn’t seem to want more intensive case management.

The other day I headed to the printer to grab a document and found a statement laying on the desk that indicated a client is now in prison. It was printed from a state database that’s open to the public. It gave a brief rundown of her personal info, photo, date of incarceration, sentence. She was in for possession of narcotics. I asked around and no one from staff had printed it out which was odd in itself.

No comments: