Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Do Your Programs Later in the Month"

We have a monthly program that's along the lines of an open mic night. When we started it was well attended but over the last year numbers have been down. We have our regulars, but usually no more than 6 clients. A few days ago a client took me aside and said, "You know, this isn't my place, but I wanted to suggest that you have these events later in the month. In the first week everyone gets (government checks) and they're off spending them. That's why you have so few people."

Great point, I told her, and said I'd pass her advice on. It makes a lot of sense. Sometimes it's hard to change the scheduling of an ongoing event once its dates and times have been established (meaning there may be resistance on staff), but I think it's worth changing and seeing if attendance increases.

No comments: