Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'll have my answering machine call your answering machine

My computer works again! In other news...

A few weeks ago a client became homeless.
A coworker recommended me a housing program and gave me Corrie, the intake worker's contact info (I already had an application but saw more info was requested). Last Friday I left her a few messages and finally Tuesday she called me back but I wasn't available so she left me a message. I decided to be more detailed in my message back and asked what info she needed to process my client and later found a message from her asking for my fax number. Got a list requesting over 15 items, from IDs to income info to mental health records to what my client had for breakfast. Some items that I wasn't sure what they referred to. So I left another message following up on them. So far we've been successful in moving the process along somewhat, although of course not as quickly as we could have if we would've caught each other on the phone. In fact, I don't remember the last time I've conversed this long with another provider solely through voice mail.

1 comment:

caseworker30.wordpress.com said...

That's funny. In our office, we do a little bit of everything: homeless case management, DV case management, homeless prevention case management, and my fave, welfare case management.