Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Clients Calling Me to Refer Friends to Our Program (2)

I really do mean it. I appreciate you're enjoying working with a case manager at our agency. That you're getting enough out of it to want to refer a friend in your building for services. But it doesn't matter how many times you leave me messages about them. It won't move things forward because conversation is still going on between you and me, not the resident and me. If she is interested in services, she knows how to get my number or find the agency.

Maybe a year ago I would have been tempted to get the resident's number from the client and call her but experience has shown me that folks who need us reach out in their time and on their terms. They're also more invested that way.


Also see my first post about clients referring other residents to our program