Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Resident Seen Just Once

About half a dozen times in the past three years I made an intake appointment with a resident who didn't show up to the appointment. Once it was a lady who said she knew no one and wanted to get connected with a place like AA ("but not AA" she added), another time it was a gentleman who had just moved to the city and a neighbor told him about us. He was especially interested in our health services. But neither came back.

Occasionally I wonder to myself, what choices did they make? Did they find another agency or place of support? Maybe they ended up relying on themselves. Sometimes I imagine different scenarios of what these folks did and where they are.


It's probably the end of the year that's making me look back and think about choices and paths.

No comments: