Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Casual Acknowledgment

A coworker off offhandedly said to me that my client John is lucky to have me in his life because I've worked with him on a lot of challenges recently. She said it casually, a few sentences as we were walking down the hallway. It felt really good to hear that. It reminded me how simple gestures mean so much.

I'm not sure if it would be the same to hear kudos every day -- I tend to believe it would lose its meaning. But on occasion it's an incredible boost.

2 comments:

Pittsburgh Perambulations said...

Sometimes we will never get to know the impact we have on people! Because of that, I think it's good to tell people when they have an impact on us, or when we're moved by something they're doing for someone else. Good job. :-)

Anatolia said...

Thanks Pittsburgh! I agree with you.