Thursday, April 8, 2010

Take Your Headphones Off

A minor annoyance, but it bugs me when my coworker listens to music with her headphones. Mainly because each time I come in to her office I need to wait five seconds for her to take them off. Yes, yes, I know sometimes people need 5 seconds to stop what they're doing to focus on an intruder regardless of headphone wearage. Not less annoying.

I suppose I've been spoiled by usually being able to dive right into my rant/question/story nearly the moment I walk into a coworker's office. I can only pull so many times the moving-lips-but-making-no-sound-move for humor. URGH!

3 comments:

Btrflygl said...

This annoys me too. I have a co-worker who does this and I've found myself talking to her more times than I can count, without her realizing it because of the darn headphones.

I have asked her why she wears them though and she said so she can go off in her own little world and not have to deal with a lot of the drama that goes on in our office, so I CAN respect that at the same time. Great coping mechanism for some in our field!

oregonamy1972 said...

At least she doesn't sing along. I had a co-worker a few years back, a couple cubicle down from me, that would sing along. She was not a good singer and she would sing loud...THAT was annoying!

Doris Plaster said...

Oh my goodness, it bothers me too... I worry about their eardrums...seriously...lol