Monday, July 5, 2010

Aren't I Your Only Client?

Things My Client Thinks I Do in My Office When I'm Not Seeing Him
-- Plan my day so I'm not in my office when he calls
-- Sleep
-- Stare at the painting across from me as I wait for him to call me
-- Scribble cartoons on my desk

It's both amusing and annoying that some clients aren't able to see that I don't have 2 or 5 clients on my caseload but have over 30. Particularly when it comes to walk ins ("Hello, I'm here!... Why can't you see me?").

My client, it's true. I don't sit in my office playing Jenga by myself while waiting for reception to let me know you stopped by to fill out the redetermination papers for public aid.

Also included here are requests to accompany you on an appointment offsite. Even if you made it with your provider for a date two weeks from now -- though I do appreciate you took my schedule in consideration -- but consider me the third provider you need to coordinate with before committing to a date.

1 comment:

Sela said...

Enough about me- what else would you like to know about me?