Monday, May 2, 2011

9 Phrases from Clients that Illicit a Long Inward Sigh

1. "You look shorter/wider/more perpendicular today."

2. "I mailed out the original and only copy I had of my birth certificate/receipts/some document that took us 6 months to obtain."

3. "What else you (Empoder) got?" (Meaning, items/goods. Gift cards? A dresser under my desk perhaps?)

4. "I lost my check--"

5. "I won $15,000,000 in the lottery and all I had to do was pay $100 to take part in it!"*

6. (Exasperated) "I've been trying to reach you for two days!! You didn't return my call!"

7. "Want to hear a (joke that I will soon find out is inappropriate for some reason or other)?" Granted, at the end of which I may want to sigh or make a brave attempt not to laugh.

8. Leaving a doctor's office with client, client says "I wanted to tell Dr. Adams that I _______________________. You don't think that was important do you?"

I will be quick to admit I've certainly been in that situation before with my own doctors.

9. "Yeah, (provider's rep) said he was going to get this done!! I don't know, his name was Steve or Barry, something like that."

* I hate scams.

Also see

No comments: